Class Schedule
San Diego State University Class Schedule
Login to WebPortal

Section Details:

Course PSY-491
Section 01
Schedule # *****
Units 3.0
Seats 28/40
Full Title Academic or Psychological Counseling Experiences
Description Individual supervision of academic or psychological counseling experiences, geared to acquisition of counseling and communication skills. May be repeated with approval of psychology undergraduate coordinator. Maximum credit six units. No more than nine units of Psychology 491, 494, 495 may be counted toward the major and no more than 12 units of courses numbered Psychology 491, 494, 495, 497, 499 may be counted toward the major.
Prerequisite Upper division psychology major with a 3.0 minimum grade point average and consent of psychology undergraduate coordinator.
General Text NOTE: To declare the psychology major, students must report in person to the Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office and provide the Undergraduate Adviser with evidence of having completed the requirements. Informal transcripts may be used by the Psychology Undergraduate Office to determine declaration of the major. Students should declare the major as soon as they have completed the necessary requirements and should complete no more than 12 units of upper division psychology courses prior to declaring the major. Admitted students transferring to SDSU should visit the Psychology Undergraduate Office for major advising.
Enrollment in this section entails participation in experiential learning and/or internship. These experiences can occur on-campus or off-campus. Additional requirements may apply.
Offered for credit/no credit only.
This section has a zero-cost course materials (ZCCM) designation and exclusively uses digital course materials that are free of charge and may have an optional low-cost print version or there are no course materials required. The ZCCM designation may change if a new faculty member is assigned or other course materials are added.
Students must contact the department for approval to enroll and to obtain schedule number for this section. Graduate students please note: to enroll in 799A or 799B, you must contact the Graduate Division Office located in SSE 1410; prior to enrolling you must have an approved "Appointment of Thesis/Project Committee" form on file with the Graduate Division. Contact your departmental graduate advisor for details and deadlines.